Wish list

What a disappointing finish to what was a brilliant season.
Our "co-captains" could not step-up when they were needed the most.  The team had to rely on Erick Strickland & Rodney Rogers to carry them and keep the Celts in the ball game. Guess what, they may not be around next season, so who's gonna carry the load when the "co-captains" make a disappearing act again? Tony Delk? Eric Williams? NO WAY!

I wish that Antoine Walker and Paul Pierce will learn to be humble after this experience.  After games 2 & 3 they were blabbing away as if they were Gods gift to the NBA.  This only gave the NETS the motivation they needed to blow the Celts away, convincingly at that! In game 6 #8 put up a lot of BONEHEAD shots in the 4th quarter, most of them 3's.  The "Truth" was the exact opposite, he wasn't even asking for the ball.  The few times that he touched the rock he was looking to get rid of it right away! He could not handle the pressure, in other words he CHOKED!  The same way that he choked in game 4 when he missed those free throws.  He was never the same after that. Well, the NETS proved that they can handle the "Truth" and the rest of the Celtics as well.  The only surprise to them was the play of Strickland.  Don't be surprised if they sign him up as Kidd's back up.

I also wish that Obie stops playing favorites and stick to what made the team succesful in the first place.  Tony Delk may have "good character" and is a "good defender & shooter", but it doesn't take a genius to see that he was struggling throughout the playoffs.  Why? BECAUSE HE CAN'T PLAY THE 1 SPOT!  And yet Obie continues to play him hoping that he will regain his long lost confidence!  I think Erick Strickland has proved that he was the more superior player.  Too bad the Celts are not keen on re-signing him anymore.  The Celts will regret that for a long period of time.

And finally I wish that the Celts acquire a true center.  Todd McCulloch is not one of the premier centers in the league and yet he has proven in this series that even he can make life difficult for smaller opponents.  He plays limited minutes but manages to grab 8-10 boards a game! There is no way Rodney Rogers is goin to stop him.  Not even Battie.  I'ld like to see Kevin Willis on this team.  His experience and veteran savvy will be a big help especially in the playoffs.  He still has at least 2 good years left in those legs, he can still make a difference.  Definitely a big, big upgrade on Mark Blount and Vitaly Potapenko combined!