Re: The End

I agree, except for the "Nets didn't win/Celtics lost it" part. Except for Game
2, where the Nets just had a bad game, missing wide open shots, the Nets'
offense has been pretty much unstoppable through most of the games. The Celtics
have been able to turn it up and stop the Nets for short stretches only (4th
quarters in games 3 & 4, 3rd quarter in last night's game). What's worse is
that I don't think it's that the Celtics aren't working hard enough - they are,
but except for their maximum intensity effort (which can't be sustained for the
entire game), they can't stop the Nets. These aren't the offensively-challenged
Pistons, or the one-man-show Sixers. They're hitting on all cylinders and
they're defending well. And that sucky, hugely overrated point guard, who can't
dribble, shoot, or tie his sneakers, and should not even be an All-Star, let
alone an MVP runner-up, is the reason for this. He's only averaging a
triple-double in this series. Imagine if they had Gary Payton instead! They'd
be going to the NBA Finals! Oh wait, they *are* going to the NBA Finals...
Which brings me to another point. Kenny  absolutely sucked last night. It's
such a huge mismatch. Strick would do a better job on D, but he's out of
control as a PG. But he was instrumental in our comeback in the 3rd quarter.
Delk's pretty much useless, and Eric Williams has all but disappered, which is
not  a surprise given that he can't abuse KMart down low and is not hitting 3s
anymore. Constrast that to the contributions that Aaron Williams and Lucious
Harris (Mr. Instant Offense) have been giving the Nets. We need guys like that
for next year, otherwise we won't even make it this far.

--- You wrote:
Its all over.  Its been three games and they're still
playing the same way.  They haven't made any
adjustments at all - attitude and basketaball wise.
They haven't done it in three games and I dont see
them doing it any time soon.  To a certain extent,
Josh Ozersky is correct.  Offensively, this team is
undercoached. Their defense is also slipping.  Too
many uncontested shots.  Yes Obie, you'd rather give
them the outside shot but at least put a hand on their
face!  Kittles and Harris had a field day particularly
in the 1st half.  Where was Pierce?  He should have
bodied them up.  The insertion of Strick came a little
too late.  He should have been sent in as early as the
1st to hammer Kittles and/ or Kidd.  Antoine was all
heart as usual.  Pierce just lost it.  He does not
have the same confidence and fire....and of course
smarts!  Im still hopeful but no longer optimistic.
The Nets didn't win this series.  The Celtics lost it.
 Its been a great season.  More than what
everyone...and I mean EVERYONE, ever expected.  Thanks
for the great season Celtics.  Thanks to the
listmembers, too.  Its been a great ride.
--- end of quote ---