re: Kidd

I'm bumfuzzoled by the categorical criticisms of Kidd as player.  From my view, NJ's weaknesses are shown by his strengths.  He has taken mediocre wing players and a cast-off center and led his team to the top of the East.  That Van Horne and Kittles can't come through in the clutch can hardly be laid at his feet.  It's like criticizing Moses for not . . . oh, well, I'm getting carried away.  But we're watching one of the best pgs of the decade, at least, every time he steps on the floor.  Payton is as good, a better scorer and defender, too, but who else could do what he has done this year?

I have high hopes that we will come out and play a good game tonight; that should be all it takes.  Another observation before I take of to celebrate #35 with my long-suffering bride (of the Celtics, the Giants, the Saints, the Tar-Heels, the Bulldogs and Seminoles, and various local teams),  Sacramento will bounce back.  What we saw yesterday was the Lakers death rattle.

Gene