Re: What's up Doc Stern ?

On Saturday, May 25, 2002, at 08:51 PM, Shawn Niles wrote:

> If Cousy bled green, he would never make comments like that, no matter
> how he feels, and especially not during a Celts playoff run. If he feels
> that way, he might as well stay away. Who needs em?

Apparently, the team (and its fans) did back when Cousy was playing.  How
soon these sorts of things are forgotten.  Someone can, by the way, both
bled green and find fault with the team.  Former players, especially, get
to say whatever they want about the game, because they've earned it.  Well,
  the Cooz has, anyway.  Maybe Tom Tolbert hasn't.  (What do I mean, "maybe"
?)  It wasn't even like Cousy dogged the team, a la WayRay, just that he
had some complimentary words for the opposing player.  Apparently, this
non-issue, like the "Bird not coming to the Fleet" non-issue, just won't
die.  Not sure why this is a big deal to you people who seem to find it a
big deal.  Didn't the team just win a crucial third game without Larry Joe
Bird's presence, and in spite of Bob Cousy's comments?

Bird