Re: On the verge

durrell@innocence.com (Bryant Durrell) wrote:

>First off, I'd keep the core together.  I think we're well-stocked at
>most positions; point guard was a worry for me before the season but if
>Kenny takes the off-season as seriously this year as he did last year
>I start to be far less worried.  Omar Cook has potential as the backup,
>although he won't give 'em the same offensive punch as Kenny.  We could
>use a good backup PF who's willing to come off the bench, but it would
>be better to have Rogers available to spell Walker more.
>
>All this is my long-winded way of getting around to the real needs,
>which is of course at the center position.  My advice here?  Be patient.
>We have a few years with this core; we have time to develop Forte (sigh)
>and Kedrick.  Kedrick in particular has promise.  We can afford to be
>patient, as per the Patriots with Bledsoe, until the Clippers do
>something stupid with Brand or Olowakandi, or the Bulls get dumb with
>their big young guys, or /something/.

I think this offseason is the best and right time to trade Kenny Anderson, it's been a
long time since his value is *highest*. Cook and Forte needs the court time to develop
(practice is not going to help much) and with Delk under contract for a couple more years,
it will be crowded (not counting resigning E Strickland yet). I think Isiah would salivate
for Kenny, after watching Ollie unable to hold up since Tinsley was injured during the
playoffs (another bonehead trade by Isiah with shipping out Travis Best. Imagine Best
instead of Ollie during the playoffs and it would be Pacers playing Hornets now)

However, trading Anderson's big contract (9mil) would be very tough, as you need to take
back 9mil worth of contract/s. I would take Dale Davis (last year of contract at similar
#). Ron Artest is special and would be nice addition, he has "celtic pride" in the way he
play.

I think we need to let Waltah walk. Kedrick needs his minutes.

kevin

(when replying, please remove *nojunkmailplease* from address)