"From the Twilight zone?"

   I'm not sure even Rod Serling could have scripted a better one than this,
right down to the bizarre ending, with Chucky Atkins on the line, shooting
three (thanks to an Anderson senior moment), and the Pistons down four, with
2.6 seconds to play. Atlkins sank the first two and deliberately missed the
third. Pierce batted the rebound out to Stackhouse who spun and canned, what
might have been an amazing game winning, three point shot, but got it off,
just after time expired. Whew!
   The lowest scoring playoff game in history was a defensive struggle
reminiscent of the Miami Heat/New York Knicks at their plodding worst. Only
Kenny Anderson could hit a shot of farther than 8 feet from the hoop.
   Both teams played extremely tight defense, going right out to the
perimeter. Pierce was able to penetrate a bit and we managed a few fast
break baskets, it could have been hockey, as scores were very hard to come
by. I've seen quarters like this before, but never a whole game. Amazing.
   No one wanted to see overtime, I'm sure. Every time Boston got a four
point lead, Carlisle called time out. I've never seen a coach keep such a
tight reign on a team.
   Anyway, we'll try again on Sunday. I'm not sure if two teams could shoot
worse blindfolded. There may have been more turnovers than baskets in the
second half.
   Round three. Carlisle/O'Brien: a draw.
              JB

                       Unchain My Heart !