a better 5.9 solution

Detroit had the ball, a four point deficit and 5.9 seconds.  First, don't foul.  Let them go the length of the court.  Defend the three and don't foul.  If they get inside and get two, then only about 3 seconds can remain.  Second, look for an easy inbounds pass; if not, call time out and get the ball to half court.  Finally, after getting additional foul shots, defend full court and foul at half court or sooner.  Only a second or so could remain and we would have a three or four point lead with one second to go.

Our flaw was in fouling; secondly in fouling after half court.  As we proved, it's just too chancy.  Ain't hindsight great.  A great win.  A truly exciting game.  Cheers, Gene
LAUNCH - Your Yahoo! Music Experience