Walton

Hi Everyone, I don't know if you like Walton or not but if you read him
and this 30 day tour he is doing, he usually has an old Celtics story to
share daily, which I find interesting. Here is today's, courtesy of your
friendly Ghost of Celtics Past:

http://www.nba.com/playoffs2002/Wheres_Walton__Day_18.html

"Congratulations to Rick Carlisle for receiving Coach of the Year honors
today, well deserved... As I saw Rick lift the trophy at the press
conference today, I was reminded of Larry Bird in 86 when during the
playoffs, in Atlanta, they named Mike Fratello NBA Coach of the Year. I
remember, we were stunned. K.C. Jones, our beloved leader and the most
like Coach Wooden of any other coach that I ever played for, should have
won that award. Larry was so mad. As they were getting ready to parade
Fratello to center court to give him the trophy, Larry stood side by
side with K.C. Jones. When the P.A. announced: NBA Coach of the Year,
Mike Fratello, Larry Bird reached out and grabbed K.C. Jones arm and
raised it to the roof, like a referee at a boxing match, proclaiming the
winner. Larry went out and torched the Hawks. There are some guys that
you dont ever want to make mad"