Re: Iverson

We should be careful when talking about Iverson. Remember, Bill Russell
didn't practice. Was he a punk?

For me, the difference is this: Russell earned the right. He won
championships from the day he stepped on the court to the day he stepped
off. If at some point he had stopped winning championships, then I think Red
might have had a problem with his practice habits.

I respect Iverson for his ability, but I dislike him for his practice habits
and his lack of commitment to his team. For that reason, I'd also trade him.
He's great, but he isn't Bill Russell.

There are coaches in the NBA who will tolerate Iverson's behavior as long as
he produces on game day. And there's nothing wrong with that. But Larry
Brown doesn't strike me as that kind of coach. I wouldn't be that kind of
coach either. But in the NBA world, where talent is at a premium and great
talent is so hard to come by, I certainly can understand the coaches who
excuse the Iversons of the world.

Mark