Re: make or break time...

I'm just sitting here thinking, as I'm getting my game face on, about just
why the NBA would want the Sickzers to advance in the playoffs.  In Allen
Iverson, they have the poster boy for Hip-Hop Gangsta Rap and arguing with
the coach.  Gets to the line seemingly at will in the playoffs thus far.
They have Dikembe Mutombo, who despite all of the contibutions he makes to
the country of his birth, still wags that finger when he makes a block
incurring the wrath of his opponents and their fans.  If Walker did the same
thing, does anyone doubt that he would be whistled for a Tech?  Hell, he
shimmies and folks gripe.  Mutombo and Iverson went to the line 10 times
apiece in the last game.

The C's have a player who was almost killed in a stabbing...a guy who isn't
tattooed from head to toe and who has elevated his game to a plateau nobody
thought he's be able to reach.  A player who has scored more points this
year than anyone else in the league, in the 4th quarter.  Yet he is unable
to get the same degree of love from the zebras.  Yes he shoots alot from
downtown, but he does drive occasionally utilizing his spin move.  There
have been many a Philly hand reaching in there to slap the ball away.
Sometimes, the defender makes a good play too.  But calls have not gone our
way and it is not for a lack of effort by our guys.

Walker, for the most part has had a very solid playoff series.  His shooting
has kept us in it when it didn't look like we were gonna stay afloat.
Obie's proclamation that he wanted him to shoot the open 3 appeared to have
made some of us second guess ourselves in that regard when he had that
spectacular first half recently.  They can say what they want about wanting
him to shoot from downtown but when if he is on like that tonight, I
guarantee they will try to make him drive.

Good luck Celtics and Celtic fans tonight as we try to upset the plans of
the NBA hierarchy and head into the next round with a renewed sense of
purpose.

Cecil