Re: Its over

I don't think Strick was the only bum. I expected to see a more focused,
aggressive but under control Paul Pierce, and instead he extended his
out-of-control, emotional play--playing very poorly.

My fear is that the series is over as well, yes, due to the momentum. But
why do they have that momentum? It becomes easier to play so aggressive when
you know you can get a call on the offensive end and not get called on the
defensive end. I knew the Sixers would win as soon as they did not call the
offensive foul on Iverson very early in the game, instead calling a charge
on Pierce. It is unfortunate that the refs have basically said, "We're not
going to reward the C's." Are they, like so many in the press, disbelieving
that the C's deserve to be in the playoffs? Are they waiting for the C's to
'prove something' to them before they'll make the 'touch' calls for Boston?

Now, having said that, as I said on Sunday, the only thing the C's can do is
keep driving the lane. Some year (probably next) they'll start giving us the
benefit.

I also want to say, that my belief that the C's would win in Philly was not
because I underestimated the Sixers, but because the C's have shown a
remarkable ability to bounce back from tough situations this season, and I
felt that Philly had given their best shot. I still think we saw Philly's
best shot on Sunday rather than tonight, because they scored 25 more points
on Sunday and shot a better percentage than usual. The problem tonight was
with the C's themselves. The defense seemed okay, but offense was not good.

While the C's still have a chance, being that they very easily could have
won either of these last 2 games, I think the League has gotten what it
wanted out of the matchup--renewing the heated rivalry between Boston and
Philadelphia--and will now move the Sixers on because they would get the
better ratings due to their progress last year.

It will be nice to see the Fleet rockin' one more time this season, and it's
too bad I won't be there; I'd love to throw something at that miserable
little punk's head (not that I really would). Last year I rooted for Philly
in the Finals against L.A. because L.A. is closer in title count to the C's
record. But not this year. I *hate* the Sixers.

I just know David Stern is chuckling somewhere.

Rich D.