Re: The rookie showing

In a message dated 3/30/02 9:08:42 AM Pacific Standard Time,
Celtic4Hire@AOL.com writes:

> However, we still
>  have to remember that they are punk kids at only 21...
>  <snip snip snip>
. I >  still hold to my position that both the JJ and Kedrick picks were
great
> picks
>  and the Forte pick was a stinker. Still, you got to wonder if Obie and
>  Wallace are on the same page....
>
>  DJessen33
 Yeah, they're 21.  I keep getting reminded of other hot rookies who sat most
of thier first years, like Baron Davis and Jermaine O'Neal.  Give them time.
We draft 'em younger and expect them to be impact players out of the box?
There's a good reason why Battier has done so well - four years of Division
One ball.  As for Forte, maybe he will turn out to be a bad pick - I haven't
seen him play yet, so can form NO opinion at all.  (I turned on last night's
game when it was 89-51 and immediately turned it off.)   But he was also a
#21 pick; wasn't the legendary Kris Clack also a #21 pick?  Or maybe 26?  How
many picks from #20 on down stay in the league more than a year or two or
three? Howmany become solid pros?  Starters?  Not many.