Re: Tommy at his best/Our Laker rookies

Look, Paul Pierce GREW UP in LA.  I don't see HIM wearing a Laker's
shirt.  Coach O'Brien is a Philly kid who has admitted he used to hate when
Boston broke the Philly fans hearts come playoff time.  I don't see him
modelling Dr. J's number.

It's not about "tradition" it's about common sense.  You play for the
Boston Celtics, you shouldn't even OWN a laker's shirt, never mind wearing
it leaving your homecourt after a tough loss.  This was prime-time
stupidity on their part.  I'd have confiscated the shirts then and there
and fined them--unfortunately, we can't afford to suspend anyone right
now.  Though if I DID suspend them, it'd be for the game against LA.  I
wouldn't be sure which team they really wanted to win.

Like SF writer Harlan Ellison said (paraphrased)--"The two most common
elements in the universe are Hydrogen and Stupidity."

Snoopy the offended Celtics Beagle