re: Warrior game

> From: Douglas342@AOL.com
>
> I usually chuckle at folks who see doom and gloom around every corner,
> but now I am getting worried.  We seem to be a two-man team again.
> Rogersdelk had 14 tonight?  Walker how how many assists?  Walker and
> Pierce
> together can beat Golden State, but against other playoff teams, we lose
> this
> game and the Cleveland game.  (Yeah, yeah, a win is a win ...)

It was bad: the offense centered around the chuck as opposed to using it
with the running game.  The team is definitely going through another patch
of bad play.  Yet, they won, though barely, and to a doormat team, but one
that gives them troubles.

Bottom line for me: the C's have as good a chance of going 7-3 as 3-7 over
the remaining games.  That gives them 44 to 48 wins.  Not bad.  But,
unless we get Orlando in the playoffs, we're probably a first-round  loser.
   And who knows, we have as good a shot as Indy, Charlotte, or Philly or
almost any of them.

Though the team can't help but exceed my expectations in the next few
games, I, too, am worried.  Can this team make it pass the first-round?
Most first-time playoff don't.  They're lucky to win a game.  Then again,
most aren't seeded #3.  Even the probable #1 seed in the East will end a
playoff slump of years.  I just don't think the C's have enough experience
to win a playoff series.  And, we may just be seeing the annual drop-off
in execution and success that has been a hallmark of recent years.  The
key to this team is the running game; it and the defense fuel success via
all the little things, like steals, easy layups and open threes.  The team
has never consistently ran over, say, a dozen games all year.  Maybe they
have one, two ... (three?) spurts of good play over the next 13-15 games?
Who knows what then?

I'm full of optimism, except for that nagging bad feeling.

Bird