waiting for the x

Well as of last night, NJ clinched a playoff spot (in the west Kings,
Spurs, LAL, Mavs).

We are 5.5 games behind them, and are unlikely to catch up. Due to recent
(?) rule changes even if we pass Detroit (we are 2 games behind) we will
still be seeded 3rd, as the Division winners get 1st and 2nd seeds (this is
going to make the fight for west seeding really interesting this year as
the 4 top teams are within 1.5 games of each other).

Of course this all depends on staying ahead of Milwaukee, Orlando, Philly,
and even Charlotte and Indiana. None of these teams are more than 3 games
back in the loss column (Milwaukee is tied and Orlando/Philly are 1 game
back). I think we need to win 3 games just to clinch a playoff berth. Home
court will be more interesting...a few important games to watch.

Tonight...
Detroit @ Indy
NJ @ Atlanta
Chicago @ Orlando