Re: [Celtics' Stuff Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

At 14:02 3/23/2002 -0800, you wrote:
>He has given them a licence to gun and they have responded to it by sitting
>on the cusp of making the playoffs for the first time in many years.
>Whether that is the most prudent thing for him to do as coach is open to
>criticism, but by suggesting that he may not want to get the most out of
>this current crop of Celtics is inherently unfair IMHO.

Who suggested that? Why would he not WANT to get more out of this cast?

>He took over this team amid a rough time and has righted the ship.  He
>should be congratulated for his work thus far and I think he will get his
>fair share of support when coach of the year awards are tallied.

I agree with you.

>We all know this team has flaws that need fixing, but I think Obie has done
>pretty well overcoming the ghosts of Ricky and getting to play hard.  For
>the most part, they do it.  And the coach deserves credit for it.  Don't
>forget that this is his first crack coaching at this level too and he has
>done as well as could be expected given his player personnel.

No, there's room for improvement. That's all I'm saying. Unless you're
implying that HE himself is not capable of delivering more, as far as
coaching the offense is concerned. That I might believe, although I don't
want to, because he's otherwise a good NBA coach.
Kestas