Re: [Celtics' Stuff Poor coaching again by Obie loses game

You must remember though Kestas, that they players are the ones who perform.
Obie is not responsible for the missed free throws not the other mental
lapses which are on display occasionally.

He has given them a licence to gun and they have responded to it by sitting
on the cusp of making the playoffs for the first time in many years.
Whether that is the most prudent thing for him to do as coach is open to
criticism, but by suggesting that he may not want to get the most out of
this current crop of Celtics is inherently unfair IMHO.

He took over this team amid a rough time and has righted the ship.  He
should be congratulated for his work thus far and I think he will get his
fair share of support when coach of the year awards are tallied.

We all know this team has flaws that need fixing, but I think Obie has done
pretty well overcoming the ghosts of Ricky and getting to play hard.  For
the most part, they do it.  And the coach deserves credit for it.  Don't
forget that this is his first crack coaching at this level too and he has
done as well as could be expected given his player personnel.

Cecil