Re: [Celtics' Stuff RE: The real problem with 3's

on 3/23/02 12:47 AM, Ravi Singh at kelticsfan@attbi.com wrote:

Frankly, I could care less what is going on with Philly, Orlando,
etc...as backing into the playoffs is no consolation for disgusting
basketball.  When is O'Brien going to realize his so called offensive
system sucks?  It's one thing to be a calming personality in the
lockeroom and on the sideline but you still have to have some clue as to
how to play fundamentally sound basketball, don't you?  I suspect you
are correct about these shock collars George.  What's worse is that I
think I'm going to need one myself  when they put me in treatment for
the nervous twitch I've developed since watching this bloody team and
its bombs away attitude.
Ravi
        ************
   I am as aghast as you at the disintegration of the C's last night, Ravi,
but I don't think it's fair to blame the coach. Do you really think that
O'Brien was happy with Delk's missed bomb, with about a minute left and the
C's down four? He was barely over half court, there must have been 18
seconds left on the clock and he just fired away, with a man in his face, no
less.
   In the second half, there was no intensity on either side of the ball.
The team was walking up the floor, even after a steal or rebound and outlet.
How many times did Anderson have to pull up, because there were no C's past
half court?
   The first quarter; with steals and breaks, isolation of Walker or Pierce
when there is no break and the open three, after working the ball inside, is
O'Brien's offense. When that breaks down, he wants open threes late in the
shot clock. He's said as much several times, just won't knock his players
publicly.
   Would we be a better team with Anderson handling the ball and a series of
cutters off picks and more ball movement? Would it be nice not to be out
rebounded 20-7 during the 4th Q.? Yes!
  Someone said yesterday that  Jimmy is trying to make chicken salad out of
c.s. I think that without a center, or another point guard to help run an
offense, he's doing pretty well. I don't blame him for lazy, stupid players.
        JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html