Battie vs. Pots.

Hi all,

> Well, Tony Battie has two double-figure rebounding games since Jan. 11.
> Vitaly has two in the last week.

No doubt the stats bear out that Pots is a better position rebounder...
If thats what you want then Pots is your man. I also like Pots fierce streak.
He is the guy to sick on a thug like Kenyon Martin or Oak.

The flip side of that is that Battie is a better scorer and shot blocker.
Battie doesn't get such great position for his rebounds and has to use
athleticism.
Pots is a much stronger guy.

Battie is more an all around "player".
He is the only player on our team who even has modest "length" besides
Blount and Mcarty. I thought against San Antonio and even Memphis we were
getting killed by that.

> Look, they both stink. I know that. But Vitaly was playing some of his best
> basketball during the winning streak. He was playing hard and making a real
> impact on the boards. He was playing better than Battie has for any
> extended
> stretch this season. I just think he deserves better than to be relegated
> Kedrick-like status because El Busto is back.

Eh I dont think Battie stinks...
He is a second tier power forward...right there with the Aaron Williams Nazr
Mohhamed,  Kurt Thomas, and so on and so forth. I don't think he should be
playing that much center. But in the east the powerforwards of the world are
forced to play.

He is alot more athletic then Pots and both OB and I like that. With Battie
there
is a chance he can catch the bad pass, block the star player, or convert an
off balance shot. I think he shoots as well as Pots from the outside too.

Ideally Pots should be third string and Battie second string....
All we need is a stud center. <g>

Either way I expect Pots will get 10 minutes or so..
I think its Rodney Rodgers who is stealing his minutes, not Battie.

I think OB is kinda insane not to go with Walker Battie Rodgers
                                                              Delk Pierce

Thats probably our best lineup defensively and offensively.
THough Kenny runs the team smoother then Delk.

Pete