Re: [Celtics' Stuff FANTASTIC!!!

   Dorine, I've got a few years on you. My first C's game was 1952 and I
agree, this is a benchmark win, no doubt. Now if only I can find that, long
since, stale cigar, I kept for the victory smoke in 1987.
   The defense was intense and active, like the first part of the season,
but we generally got good possessions and quality shots.
   Interestingly, we won without much help from Delk or Rogers. It was V.
Kenny, Paul, Antoine and Williams down the stretch and for most of the
fourth quarter. When the game was on the line, it was Anderson's incredible
steal from Kidd, his clutch jumper,  Vitaly's rebounds and Williams' huge
three from the corner, that kept us in the lead, when New Jersey (mostly
Jason Kidd) roared back from an eight point deficit.
   As someone pointed out, N.J. may not be a great playoff team. They showed
very little half court game, while we milked Pierce in the post, on
isolations, when we needed a sure score, with a basket or a rip to the line.
If we made a decent % of our fouls shots, the game wouldn't have been close.
       JB

Link to current standings:
http://archive.sportserver.com/newsroom/sports/bkb/1995/nba/nba/stat/2000-01
confstands_lo.html