At least Obie can keep things in perspective...

Did anyone else see the feature about the Celtics on the TBS postgame show
last night? Overall a good piece. This Obie quote just made him come off as
such a self-absorbed dunce: "Being part of a losing franchise is as close as
you can get to hell on earth." He's done an unbelievable job, but wouldn't
you just like to tell him to stop watching film for five minutes and watch
the news?

Also, after the piece, the studio guys were discussing the Celtics. Kenny
Smith echoed some of the same things list members were saying when he said
(paraphrasing) that early in the season, even when the Celtics were getting
some wins, he hated watching them play. He said they'd come down and Antoine
and Pierce would just take turns shooting. He praised the team for getting
other guys involved and improving in that area. Peter Vecsey pointed out the
importance of Dick Harter. Can an assistant win "coach of the year?"

Mark

P.S. Huge game tonight. These are statement games now, and they leave a
lasting impression come playoff time. Not to mention, it looks like we might
make a run at the Nets for the Atlantic title. Josh is much more guarded,
but I'll be thoroughly disappointed if this team finishes with just 43 wins.
At what point do you start expecting them to win these tough games?
Especially at home, where the Celts still have 11 of their 19 remaining
games? They have two all-stars, two complementary scorers and some role
players. They're healthy. The Celtics should expect to beat teams like
Portland, Philly and Milwaukee at home. No excuses, and we shouldn't be
making any for them at this point. It's not time to back off and settle for
43 wins and a playoff spot. It's time to tighten things up and make a push
for a division title and one of the top two seeds in the East.