Re: At least Obie can keep things in perspective...

On Wed, Mar 13, 2002 at 11:30:12AM -0500, Berry, Mark  S wrote:
> P.S. Huge game tonight. These are statement games now, and they leave a
> lasting impression come playoff time. Not to mention, it looks like we might
> make a run at the Nets for the Atlantic title. Josh is much more guarded,
> but I'll be thoroughly disappointed if this team finishes with just 43 wins.

I'd be disappointed with 43 wins at the end, too.  Looking at our schedule, I
break them down as follows:
"cupcake": @Memphis, Cleveland, @Chicago, Miami, New York, Atlanta
concede: @San Antonio, @Minnesota
tossup: New Jersey, Portland, Philadelphia, @Detroit, @Miami, Golden State,
        Dallas, Milwaukee, @Indiana, Lakers, @New Jersey

I think we win between 10 and 14 of the final 19 games.

On the other hand, the Nets' remaining schedule looks easier than ours.
Milwaukee's schedule is easy, but Detroit's is not.  So I'll be happy if
we end up 3rd in the conference.  I wouldn't be too disappointed with 4th,
either.

Francis