Re: The trade redux III

On Thu, Mar 07, 2002 at 12:35:22AM -0500, Douglas342@aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 3/6/02 7:22:57 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> ishbak@forest.STUDENT.cwru.edu writes:
>
> > This may not be a permanent trend, but Antoine is shooting 45% since
> >  Rogers and Delk started playing for the C's(That's counting the
> >  Houston game when both where DNP's). So hopefully Antoine's job is
> >  getting a lot easier too.
>
> Tommy H commented tonight during the 4th that he thinks Antoine and PP are
> realizing that maybe there is someone else who can do some scoring, and they
> like that idea.  Interesting point, as it wil go to show how good AW & PP
> are.  Are they good enough to (cliche coming) make their teammates look good?

>  I bet Walker is.  He's been in the league almost long enough to know it's
> about winning, not about individual stats.  I also think Pierce will get
> there.  And as for Anderson, he's doing the job.  Someone pointed out a week
> or so ago that Anderson and Battie are playing about as well as we can
> possibly expect or hope.  Maybe not all-star quality, but solid.  And I
> disagree that Anderson isn't having fun - he had a huge grin tonight.

I think that Antoine is one of those players that actually becomes
much better as the team around him becomes more talented. Antoine lack
of leaping ability makes it very easy for teams to block his shot if
they focus on him. On the other hand, he's an incredible passer from
the high and low post. If you run a good offense with a lot of options
he can act as sort of a mini-Sabonis.

I haven't seen any of the games after the trade though so I can't
really comment on the reasons for Walker's field goal percentage. What
sort of shots is he taking? Mostly jumpers and drives? How much is he
posting up? Is he swinging the ball? How much of the offense does he
initiate from the post by passing to cutters and jump shooters?

I'm wondering if his game is getting better because he's taking better
shots or if teams can't pressure him as much because they have to
worry about Delk and Rogers as options too.

Noah