Orlando Rotation..and Walter

Hi all,

We generally beat up on Orlando.
They are soft soft soft....softest team in the NBA. The Pistons are much
tougher
test.

When you have guys like McGarrity Mike Miller and Don Reid playing against
you your going to score alot of points. They can shoot (well maybe not Reid)
but they sure can't defend. With McGrady hurting they are like one giant
defensive
liability.

I mean 130 points..from the Celtics?!  The Kings I would believe...

The scary thing is we could have played much better. I am serious.
I think for the early part of the game our rotation was in fact too deep.
While I like
Strickland, I think Delk is like an improved Strickland..we don't need him.
And while
Eric Williams seems like a swell guy I am not sure he really brings anything
Rodgers doesn't. Williams hustles but he isn't that good on defense.

I say cut those two out of the rotation and bring Kedrick in.
I like Delk backing up Kenny and playing only a little shooting guard.
Against some players he is just too small.

Okay here is the rub about rotations. I used to like a deep rotation till I
watched
Pitino coach  in the NBA. For the most part an NBA team needs an 8 - 9 man
rotation for the most part. A smaller rotation gives you better continutity.
I don't
like the "second" unit idea. I think they can ruin good leads and mess up
your
game. That huge early rotation led to many miscues as the team seemed out
of sorts here and there.

For the most part we should always have either Pierce or Walker out there and
those two should get lots of minutes. We should play our best two centers and
have Delk Rodgers and Walter come of the bench.  I would start K. Brown
instead of
Delk or Walter but thats me.

 I still like Kedrick. Its hard to get into a grove in just a few minutes a
game.
I think he should start over Walter. He bring simiilar skills...except I
think he is better
defensively. Walter is more confident offensively and should likely get more
minutes.
But giving Kedrick ten or so minutes in the start of the game wouldn't hurt
things.
He looks just great on defense.

But man I would hate to play against that guy...

The old saw is that if your shorter then your man you should be quicker and
if your
taller then your man you should be able to shoot over him with the post up or
jump shot. With Kedrick you can't do either of em against him. He is quick
and taller then most shooting guards. Thats a nightmare. And he looks like
the type who can pack on a few pounds of muscle.

Walter of course is very quick and tall. But he gives up so much muscle.
Thats
why he has never really caught on. He should stick to playing two guard. I
think
he does better there.

I still wait all game till when Kedrick finally gets some PT. He always seems
to make one good play though. Usually a steal block or dunk. He didn't let me
down
tonight with that huge block there.

Pete