end o' da bench

I hope the Celtics' management isn't setting me up to be so disgusted that I fade away.  It happened many years ago when the Baltimore Colts, my lifelong team, moved to Indianapolis and made other stupid moves.  I still like their uniforms, but lost my love.  Now, with the decisions on Blount, McCarty, and possibly Strickland they will show us whether misplaced loyalty or determination to get better drives them.  I can see a case for Strickland.  I hailed his coming and think he brings more positives than negatives; the problem is, "how many tweener guards do we need?"  Presumably, Delk will be better next year.  He has to be.

But the decisions on Blount and McCarty have me worried.  I think we're better off with a good pf, such as Songaila might be, or this DD fella, than with a third rate, bumbling (and occasionally helpful) Blount.  It's not like Blount helps that much vs. Mutombo or Shaw.  Likewise, McCarty is no more than a status quo player.  He helps at times, but he's not getting better or helping much.  And he's already feasted off a gimme contract from Pitino.  Time's up.

If we try for Rodgers and lose, ok.  But if we give away positions and money to Blount and McCarty, I think we have lost it before we get started.  It's not like we're tampering with the core of the team to cut these guys loose.

Cheers,  Gene (enjoying the repartee on Walker and Rodgers.  I feel strongly both ways.)