RE: Draft News On A Slow Sunday

Wasn't Ben Wallace an undrafted free agent when he signed with Washington?

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
CeltsSteve@AOL.com
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2002 10:16 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: Re: Draft News On A Slow Sunday

In a message dated 6/23/02 9:27:32 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
Douglas342@AOL.com writes:

> OK, I'll bite here; I am tempted to pose this as a challenge, but since I
> don't know the answer, I pose it only as a question.  Can anyone name a
> player drafted below #40 who has played more than one NBA season?  (I
> suppose that has to include undrafted players, but I am looking for folk
> drafted low who "made it."

Doug,

I'll only go back as far as the 1990 draft. Obviously, the players that have
distinguished themselves are in the minority. There are several others not
listed below who have played more than a couple of years (like Lari Ketner,
etc that I haven't bothered to include) but there are some decent players to
be found late into the second round:

          1990
#40 - Bimbo Coles
#43 - Tony Massenburg
#45 - Antonio Davis
#47 - Derek Strong
#48 - Cedric Ceballos
#51 - Tony Smith

         1991

#40 - Doug Overton
#45 - Bobby Phils
#48 - Ike Auton
#51 - Zan Tabak

         1992

#42 - Matt Geiger

         1993

#45 - Bryon Russell
#47 - Chris Whitney

         1994

#46 - Voshon Leonard
#51 - Lawrence Funderburke
#54 - Zeljko Rebraca

       1995

#43 - Eric Snow
#47 - Tyus Edney
#52 - Fred Hoiberg
#56 - Chris Carr
#58 - Don Reid

       1996

#42 - Randy Livingston
#44 - Malik Rose
#49 - Amil McCaskill
#52 - Mark Pope
#54 - Shandon Anderson

###   1997

#40 - Anthony Johnson
#45 - Cedric Henderson
#48 - Alvin Williams
#49 - Predrag Drobnjak
#51 - Chris Crawford
#55 - Mark Blount

        1998

#41 - Cuttino Mobley
#43 - Jahidi White
#53 - Greg Buckner
#55 - Ryan Bowen

       1999

#43 - Lee Nailon
#47 - Todd MacCulloch
#53 - Rodney Buford

         2000

#40 - Hanno Mottola
#42 - Olumide Oyedeji
#43 - Michael Redd
#49 - Jason Hart
#52 - Ernest Brown  :-)

         2001

#40 - Earl Watson
#46 - Loren Woods
#53 - Jarron Collins

CeltsSteve

"Kidd employs basketball's deadliest weapon, the brain. No man since Magic,
or Larry Bird, has been so adept at making the decisions that make his
teammates better. - Michael Gee (Boston Herald)"