RE: Draft News On A Slow Sunday

Sure: Bill Laimbeer, Jeff Hornacek, Anthony Mason,  Paul Mokeski, James Donaldson,
Frank Brickowski, Kurt Nimphius, Rory Sparrow, Mark Eaton, Spud Webb, Mark Ivaroni,
Gerald Henderson, Vernon Maxwell, Haywoode Workman, Chucky Brown,
Cedric Ceballos, Derrick Strong, Antonio Davis, Tony Massenburg, Michael Cooper, James
Edwards, Robert Reid (he was at 40, so it's cheating, but so what), Isaac Austin, bobby
Phills, Richard Dumas, Zan Tabak, Popeye Jones, Matt Geiger, Byron Russell,
George Gervin was at 40 too - but a damn good pick at 40, Craig Hodges, Sedale Threatt,
Craig Ehlo, Eddie Lee Wilkins, Mario Elie, Arvydas Sabonis (was first drafted by Atlanta in
1985 with the 77th pick, later disallowed), John Battle, Michael Adams, John Hot Rod
Williams, Drazen Petrovic,  Anthony Bowie, Kenny Gattison, David Wingate, Sarunas
Marciulunas, Brad Lohaus, Jack Haley, Chris Dudley, Donald Royal,  Voshon Lenard,
Fred Hoiberg, Tyus Edney, Eric Snow, Shandon Anderson, Jamie Feick, Malik Rose,
Mark Blount (well, no list is perfect), Cuttino Mobley, Todd MacCulloch, Lee Nailon.
And though he hasn't played in the NBA yet, Euro MVP and possible ROY next season:
Emmanuel Ginobilli was drafted 57 by San Antonio in 1999.

So, yes you can get a good player late in the draft,
especially with
A)It being a deep draft.
B)Lots of international players making themselves available and pushing quality Americans
into the second round.
Ray

Download the LEXX Browser at http://www.scifi.com/lexx/