Re: Lee Benson

I haven't seen Benson show up in any of the mock drafts so he may well be available as a FA to sign for the summer league.

Wallace's quotes in the Globe this AM sounded like he didn't give two hoots about the #50 pick. And that they would NOT draft a PG because they are planning to stash the pick overseas for a few years and it's harder to do that with PGs (?) plus they were going to continue the Joe Forte at the point experiment next year plus they had Omar Cook.

I do agree that getting Cook is the same as having a low 1st rounder in this year's draft, so I'm content with that.

And money seems to be the ruling factor for Pond & co. So we need to get lucky somewhere. I was going to say that any big man still on the block at #50 must be a pretty bad player, so they should obviously go for the BPA, but then there was MacCulloch (?) and Jarron Collins, so who knows? I'd be thrilled to see Lonny Baxter there. And Murray & Lorinza Harrington were top div II guards with good across the board stats (asst., steals, RB, and scoring) - even though Wallace said they wouldn't take a PG (which harrington is). We shall see...

It's a bit unrealistic to expect Kedrick to break out this year - most of the kids drafted take at least two years before blossoming. I'll be interested to see if Forte gets any time - will look forward to seeing him in the summer league.