Re: Olowkandi

On Sunday, June 23, 2002, at 03:09 PM, Georgek27@AOL.com wrote:

> If Anderson could be traded for Kandiman, or Anderson & Battie for
> Kandi and
> #12 it opens things up significantly payroll/luxury taxwise and there
> would
> be money to resign Rogers, Strickland, Walter and also to bring in a
> point
> guard like McGinnis or Vaughn. Kandi's higher salary wouldn't kick in
> until
> next year when the TV monies are supposed to raise the salary cap
> substantially. With the luxury tax pressure off there wouldn't be the
> fear of
> having to sign a first round pick to a 3 year contract.
>
> Having said all that I don't think the Clippers would make that trade.
>
> George

	No matter who we trade for Olowakandi , the salaries have to match,
within 115%, or 100,000.  If it's Anderson and Battie, it has to be a
sign and trade, so  Kandi (and hopefully McGinnis, we'd never get the
12) is making enough salary to make the trade work. I love the trade for
what it does for our team, but I don't see any way it could help the cap
situation by much.
	Do I have it right this time "Musty"?
		JB

			Unchain My Heart!