Re: Olowkandi

In a message dated 6/23/2002 12:27:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
jaspindler@yahoo.com writes:

> You propose a deal wherein we get Kandi and #12 for Battie, Kenny and 3M$.
> I don't think that Boston wants a first round pick this year.  They have 2
> next year and need the room to resign Rodney and possibly Strick and
> Walter.  If the #12 could be dealt along with Forte to another team for a
> veteran point in the last year of his contract, I would do this deal in a
> heartbeat, unless there is a major talent
> available at #12.  I think that Omar Cook will be a player in 2-3 years,
> but he needs to be brought along as a backup behind a veteran this year. As
> much as I would hate to lose Battie, Kandi with a backup of V and Blount
> (also needs to resign) would be an upgrade, assuming of course that Rodney
> stays here.

If Anderson could be traded for Kandiman, or Anderson & Battie for Kandi and
#12 it opens things up significantly payroll/luxury taxwise and there would
be money to resign Rogers, Strickland, Walter and also to bring in a point
guard like McGinnis or Vaughn. Kandi's higher salary wouldn't kick in until
next year when the TV monies are supposed to raise the salary cap
substantially. With the luxury tax pressure off there wouldn't be the fear of
having to sign a first round pick to a 3 year contract.

Having said all that I don't think the Clippers would make that trade.

George