the Clippers for $50K (later recinded!) for
insubordination.  The story that I heard is that he
was pissed at his teammates for not playing hard at
the end of the season, and caused some dissension
among the ranks. For this, the Clips fined him
$50,000.  He has gone on record as saying he will not
resign with LAC, so trading him now would make a lot
of sense.  You propose a deal wherein we get Kandi and
#12 for Battie, Kenny and 3M$.  I don't think that
Boston wants a first round pick this year.  They have
2 next year and need the room to resign Rodney and
possibly Strick and Walter.  If the #12 could be dealt
along with Forte to another team for a veteran point
in the last year of his contract, I would do this deal
in a heartbeat, unless there is a major talent
available at #12.  I think that Omar Cook will be a
player in 2-3 years, but he needs to be brought along
as a backup behind a veteran this year. As much as I
would hate to lose Battie, Kandi with a backup of V
and Blount (also needs to resign) would be an upgrade,
assuming of course that Rodney stays here.
http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com