From: Orion [mailto:jlyell@netzero.net]
Sent: Saturday, June 22, 2002 2:53 PM
To: James A. Hill; Celtics (E-mail)
Subject: RE: Draft rumors

I heard Fizer and Crawford to Minnesota for Szczerbiak. The Clippers really
don't need 3 more draft picks plus rumor has it Marko Jaric is the real
thing, so with Anderson's contract expiring next year if we can get quality
players like Odom and a big man like Olowokandi we need to make an attempt
instead of just sitting on the pot the way we have most of the last 15
years. Although not extremely successful, at least Pitino was not afraid to
pull the trigger.

Other than Pierce everyone is expendable if you can improve your team.

Philly and Jersey won't be sitting pat, neither will the Lakers. Expect Van
Horn to be shopped around, supposedly Horry and Fox already are. We should
do the same with the invisible man Tony Battie. There is always some team
out there that would take him.

Adding Odom and Olowkandi or Wilcox(probably gone) Qyntel Woods, Wagner,
would be a huge upgrade.  If Baxter fell to us at 50, I would be ecstatic,
but don't expect him to be around.

There are several teams in the West could use V. San Antonio, Portland,
Seattle, Dallas.

We have to realize we got killed in the paint by Jersey and the likes of
Aaron Williams, and a 6'4" guard, time to shore up the weaknesses.

Serviceable picks at 50:

Reggie Evans
Lee Benson
Deangelo Collins