From: owner-celtics@igtc.com [mailto:owner-celtics@igtc.com]On Behalf Of
Berry, Mark S
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2002 9:15 AM
To: Celtic igtc list (E-mail); Celtic yahoo list (E-mail)
Subject: Tidbit from ESPN Insider's Chad Ford

Here's the snip:

FORD: The Sixers and the Blazers are definitely the two most active teams
out there right now. A league source told Insider Wednesday that the Sixers
called the Clippers about a trade that would send Snow to L.A. for Lamar
Odom <http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3327> . The
Clippers are looking for an old school point guard to take Jeff McInnis
<http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/players/profile?statsId=3131> 's place, and
train import Marko Jaric. Odom would be a major piece to the puzzle for the
Sixers. Larry Brown has been searching for several years for the right small
forward to complement Iverson. If Odom can keep his head on straight and
stay away from the hooch, he still has the potential to be a superstar. The
Clipps can't afford him, but Philly might be able to. Should the Clipps
decide they want to keep Odom, the Hawks and the Pistons have shown interest
in Snow. The team is also shopping Mutombo. Portland and New York have the
most interest, but if the team could land Odom, it may be better off keeping
Mutombo around another season.

---end---

So, why post this? "The Clippers are looking for an old school point
guard..." They want someone to handle the heavy lifting while Euro import
Marko Jaric adjusts to the NBA. What team do we know with a veteran point
guard in the last year of his contract who would be content playing 30 mpg?
I know it's unlikely, but geez, it sure would be nice to cash in Kenny while
he has some value. The Clippers are shopping either of their two first-round
picks. Would Kenny fetch the No. 12 pick? Kenny and Forte? Kenny and the
Philly pick? I don't know. Kenny won't get you Odom, but he might get you a
pick. The Clippers could absorb the contract because they're so far under
the cap. It would free up plenty of money for Rogers.

It just seems like a shame to have put up with Kenny for so long when he was
an absolute albatross, only to pass up the chance to turn him into something
of value now that he has some. Feels like an opportunity lost. I know
Kenny's value to the C's when he's playing well. I'm not blind to that. But
I'm also not blind to his history. I don't expect him to play as well next
season, because that has been his pattern. Why not cash in when the value is
high? Wallace can talk about "continuity" but we all know Kenny is long gone
after next season anyway. He has no future with the team. Turn him into
something useful.

Mark