> Shaq was easily going to be the single most dominate player in the league
> when they signed him.  Picking up Kobe (the same draft as Walker) just
> shows
> how brilliant West has been (Being in La-La land with the weather, movie
> stars, swimming pools... hasn't hurt his brilliance at all either).

Brillant? Bleh..
They tampered to get Shaq..and got lucky with Kobe.. They unloaded Divac so
Shaq
wouldn't complain and decided to take a flier on a unproven kid..after all
they had
nothing to lose.

The rest of the Lakers are also-rans. You will never convince me that someone
who traded that Tony Battie for that scrub there...is a genius. Sorry.

I mean damn..if West a genius..then so is Pitino for drafting Pierce and so
is Dan D
for drafting Nomar.

Truth be told if they had some college refs or some international refs doing
the series
the Kings would have drummed them out of town. That was a case of NBC/David
Stern collusion at its finest. Nearly every year a BIG market team manages to
play..
Thats how the glorious hero Stern made the NBA big..by cheating.

Pete