RE: Results of athletic testing at Chicago camp

--- You wrote:
Wouldn't some of these tests be an indication to dedication by the
prospective draftee?
--- end of quote ---

You mean, the player's dedication to his fitness? Maybe to a small degree, but
comparisons are meaningful only for the same player (if his prior athletic
indices are known); between players, the natural variation in aptitude for a
particular category of movement (e.g., bench press or vertical jump) would be
too great to draw any meaningful comparisons. If I tell you that Pot benches
more that Battie, can you say that Pot's more dedicated to his profession? What
if I tell you that Battie jumps higher and runs faster than Pot?  Improvement
is possible in all these athletic endeavors, but its range can be small in
comparison to the range in people's natural ability.
Kestas