Shaw's: Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday.-Globe

THIS STORY HAS BEEN FORMATTED FOR EASY PRINTING

Celtics unveil Shaw's plans

By Shira Springer, Globe Staff, 6/14/2002

The Celtics announced the schedule for the 2002 Shaw's Pro Summer League
yesterday. The weeklong exhibition featuring 10 NBA teams will be held
at the Clark Athletic Center at UMass-Boston July 15-21. The Celtics
will play the Nets, Wizards, Magic, Spurs, 76ers, and Hawks. Other teams
participating include Milwaukee, Minnesota, and New York.

''We are anxious to capitalize on the success of the 2001-02 season and
build on the strong foundation that brought us deep into the playoffs
this year,'' said Celtics general manager Chris Wallace. ''The summer
league will be an important part of our training mission to prepare our
team for what we believe will be an even better season ahead. This will
also be a wonderful opportunity for New England basketball fans to
continue watching professional basketball up close and personal during
the offseason.''

Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. Monday. They will be available at
Celtics.com, the FleetCenter box office, 1-800-4NBA-TIX, or Ticketmaster
at 617/508-931-2222. Each doubleheader session costs $10. The summer
league schedule consists of two doubleheader sessions each weekday,
along with one doubleheader and one tripleheader on Saturday and Sunday.
The summer league will also feature a free fan festival area with
outdoor basketball games and exhibitions daily from noon-6 p.m.

This story ran on page E2 of the Boston Globe on 6/14/2002.
) Copyright 2002 Globe Newspaper Company.