Re: A bold move . . .

NOT commenting on the value or advisability of such a trade, but just
curious as to whether it was actually feasible given the salaries involved
(and thought some of you might be interested too).

Golden State trades:  PF Danny Fortson (11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 28.8
minutes)
  SF Chris Mills (7.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 18.7 minutes)
3rd pick in 2002 draft
Golden State receives:  PF Antoine Walker (22.1 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 5.0 apg in
42.0 minutes)
Change in team outlook: +3.5 ppg, -5.8 rpg, and +2.3 apg.

Boston trades:  PF Antoine Walker (22.1 ppg, 8.8 rpg, 5.0 apg in 42.0
minutes)
Boston receives:  PF Danny Fortson (11.2 ppg, 11.7 rpg, 1.6 apg in 77 games)
  SF Chris Mills (7.4 ppg, 2.9 rpg, 1.1 apg in 66 games)
3rd pick in 2002 draft
Change in team outlook: -3.5 ppg, +5.8 rpg, and -2.3 apg.

TRADE ACCEPTED

So yes it is feasible but I doubt we see any trades until the next trade
deadline. The two Boston players who are probably at their peak in terms of
market value (apart from Twon and PP) are Battie and Kenny. . . we'll see if
anything happens.