Re: Fwd: [Celtics' Stuff Re: kestas reply

--- You wrote:
The below explanation states  that: "Due to all teams being under
the cap, the 15% trade rule is not invoked."        	Could that mean
that after trading Kenny, we were under?
--- end of quote ---

We would be, but RealGM says the same thing if any capped-out team is used for
a similar transaction (Kenny for a pick). And it's obviously wrong, because
some of those teams are tens of millions over the cap. Moreover, if you do the
transaction the other way (a player similar in salary to Kenny for Boston's
pick), the trade doesn't work. After playing with it for a while, I decided
that RealGM operates by a fairly random set of rules having little to do with
the CBA.  I think what matters is that the Clips, being under the cap, can
absorb Kenny's salary without having to send a comparable amount of salary
back, whereas a team over the cap can't do that unless it has some sort of a
trade exception.
Kestas