Re: Mark Berry's points

--- You wrote:
I think the team knows that, and will pay to keep him here.  I still don't
understand why
we can't offer him a three or four year, heavily back-loaded contract, that
just pays 1 mil
or so the first year.
--- end of quote ---

You can't do that under the current CBA -  there are protections built in
against this sort of deal, in the form of limiting the rate/size of yearly
increases (in RR's case, to 10%. of the first year's salary).

--- You wrote:
They surely can afford to move Kenny, and I would hope they do.  His value
will never be
any higher than it is now, and I don't believe his role on this team has been
an overly positive
one.  He played good D, made a few nice passes, brought the ball up under
pressure, and hit
a few shots.  Cook / Delk should be able to do just as much; adn with all the
money we would
free up, we could sign Strick, Walter, and maybe somebody who "slips through
the cracks" like
Strickland did.
--- end of quote ---

We would have to take about the same amount of salary back, unless Kenny was
traded to a team under the salary cap.
Kestas