Re: PG

At 12:41 PM 7/29/02 -0400, GuyClinch@AOL.com wrote:
I realize I am outside the norm of this view..but I don't think Walker is a
great ball handler just good. He is a solid passer though....but not great
there either.
Well I think he improved significantly this past year when he learned that it's more important to do it right than to look impressively fancy. A lot less turnovers and a lot less dumb turnover.

What you say is actually the point with Walker though IMO. It's not that he's great at any one thing, it's that he's good to very good at so many things, particularly things not usually found in a player his size.

Kenny helped the Celtics alot last year... We need someone with a good handle
who can shoot and penetrate
And distribute/not distribute and understand which to do when and why to get everyone involved and encourage motion and spacing. Part of our offensive problems were the ball staying too long in one set of hands, particularly when that set of hands was anyone but Kenny (who was admittedly guilty of that in prior years).

Strickland could at least penetrate though..
Can Delk or Williams do this? ..I don't know. J.R. Bremer maybe...but does he
have a good handle?
From what I saw. He's not DJ, but he's more in DJ's PG style of all around reliable rather than spectacular vs say Cook, who whatever else I may have thought about him, handles the ball spectacularly.

Someone in the Gary Payton/KA/Tiny Archibald mold would suit us well....There
are some decent guys like this still unsigned. So there is hope.
Yup, there are. And I'd like to see more of a classic point here myself.

Kim