re: Antonio Daniels

From: "Berry, Mark S" <berrym@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

You know all this. My point all along was it will take a lot more than a
line-not even a quote-in a story saying Walker and Pierce reportedly were
consulted and were OK with the deal before I'll like it.
"In a stunning turnaround today, noted IGTC list poster Mark Berry actually refused to obsess over a line -- not even a quote -- in the papers."

Sorry, could not resist. You have to admit that the genesis of many of your posts are lines out of published articles on espn.com, the Boston papers, or whatever. You seem to hang a lot of importance on individual lines all the time, though it's obviously your right to not do so whenever you please.

I don't think anyone who initially disliked the trade is now enthusiastic now that it was reported that Walkerpierce OK'd it. It's merely a better sign than if it was reported that they thought it sucked. I just think some people took it as an encouraging sign. Is that so wrong? Or perhaps we should only pour over the papers in order to find something that we can get all worked up about before the fact?

Bird