Here's a vote for Chris Childs

Since we're voting, here's mine... Chris Childs. I'm not counting Best or
McInnis, because I think both guys will get more than the minimum.

Childs is a veteran who has been a starter. He plays pretty good defense and
can shoot. He makes some dumb decisions, but good luck finding someone who
doesn't from the minimum crowd. He has been healthy. I think a lot of the
negative feelings toward him stem from the fact that he has been overpaid.
But for the minimum, he might be a bargain.

Unfortunately, I think it will be Damon Jones. There was a reason that was
the first name out of Wallace's mouth when he was asked about the point
guards out there.

Also, it is becoming more and more obvious that Jim O'Brien wasn't in favor
of this trade and may actually sabotage it from the beginning. His quote
about thinking "very, very highly of" the PF/C combo of Walker and Battie is
a little ominous. And Baker has referred a couple of times to Wallace and
Papile being very supportive. Obie's name was conspicuous by its absence.
And, of course, there is the blurb from David Aldridge.

Like Kestas, I think the big lineup is the best way to make this work, but
have zero confidence in it happening. I think the same starting lineup
starts the season (with a new PG, of course), immediately undermining
Baker's confidence and contributions.

I actually came to appreciate Battie's contributions quite a bit toward the
end of last season and the playoffs, so I understand Obie's feelings about
him. But it seems obvious that Eric Williams is the weak link in the
starting lineup. If you can replace Williams with Baker by shifting Antoine
to small forward (which I still say is his best position; I have dreams of
him posting up Latrell Sprewell, Matt Harpring, Jamal Mashburn, Mike Miller,
Vince Carter, Glenn Robinson, etc...), then you have your five best players
on the floor together. Plus, you still have the Delk/Shammond Williams
option for points off the bench, as well as Kedrick. And Eric Williams would
give you a veteran with the second unit. Hopefully Sundov can provide backup
minutes in the rotation.

Anyway, I think this is the best chance for this whole thing to work.
Unfortunately, I doubt we ever see it.

Mark