Re: PG slot.

At 08:32 AM 7/25/02 -0400, GuyClinch@AOL.com wrote:
About Kenny not passing....

Well the rub is that you don't always pass on the break. Even Kidd keeps it
himself plenty of times. It depends on the defensive positoning.. Kenny is
pretty damn good at passing on the break. He is a solid passer.
Well the fact is that yes, you usually do want to pass on the break. There is a big difference between just running upcourt and running a fast break. The Cs ran very few actual breaks despite having personnel well suited to the wing and trailer roles. Better than they were to the pull up and jump shot game most of our pseudo breaks fell in to, since they tend to have scorers and drivers rather than pure shooters. I don't think that's even close to being wholly Kenny's fault but I do think it's something he could have done a lot more to improve. And it could have made a HUGE difference, especially in the more or less total absence of an inside game. Easy baskets, less physical physical beating on guys like Paul, more foul shots, etc. etc.

Kim