From: GuyClinch@AOL.com [mailto:GuyClinch@AOL.com]
Sent: July 25, 2002 9:33 AM
To: Celtics@igtc.com
Subject: PG slot.

Hey there,

> What about Tim Hardaway? Ain't he still available? Even with the gimpy
> knees I'ld take a gamble on him.  He doesn't have to play heavy minutes,
> say 24-28 minutes per game would do it.  I think the other PG's on the
team
> would really benefit from watching him run an offense, even for just a
> year.  He's one of the best crunch time plavers IMO.

Bleh..he is terrible now. Flat out awful..same goes for Mookie Blaylock...
Two guys that used to be good players and have now played for too long.
Travis
Best or McGinnis are our best bets....

More then likely we are going to take the best of the folks that can't beat
the veteran minimum... It could well be someone like Damon Jones or Troy
Hudson.
Sad for Tim..but even those scrubs are better then he is now.

About Kenny not passing....

Well the rub is that you don't always pass on the break. Even Kidd keeps it
himself plenty of times. It depends on the defensive positoning.. Kenny is
pretty damn good at passing on the break. He is a solid passer. Its funny
that all you armchair
quarterbacks deride his passing. OB liked it...Walker liked it..Pierce liked

it. Kenny was very popular with the players and coaches. I wonder who knows
more about basketball..hmm.

Kenny is "conservative" though. He feels that a bad pass leads to a
turnover...while his dribble hardly every does. Someone like Kidd makes alot

of dangerous passes because he has a mediocre handle. And he was right he
has
an excellent pass to turnover ratio.

Kenny in his later years isn't a top point guard..but was a respectable
middle of the road point guard. I think if  you ever got really good seats
 a Celts game he was pretty enjoyable to watch. He has one of the best
handles in the game and is pretty slick.

Now we will be stuck with a bottom tier point guard...
Maybe J.R. Bremer can really come on and surprise people.

But what hurts us is the further lack of "star" power at that positon. A guy

like
Bremer will have to play exceptionally well to get some respect from the
refs.

Pete