Battling the Celtics propaganda machine, part 2 million

We lost Rogers because Gaston wasn't willing to pay
a tax. If we hadn't made the trade, we would have been over the threshold
though, and Gaston (or Pond) would not have allowed it to happen.
Alex

Alex,

You are right. But the problem with that defense is that is suggests a team
needs to torch two no. 1 picks to unload a measly $3 million in salary for
a single season. Nonsense. We could have given up less to lose such a minor
hit on our cap. I mean NO OTHER TEAM in the NBA has made such a comparable
deal -- none, zero, nunca, nada -- and the Cs are not the only team with a
salary cap/ luxury cap obsessed owner.

Robert W. McChesney
Your Man in Urbana
Institute of Communications Research