Salary breakdown

There's a salary update at:
http://www.hoopshype.com/salaries/boston.htm

Even with Shammond's 2 million contract coming off the
books next summer, the Celtics have 53 million in
salaries with only 7 players under contract.

Something has to give. Our "magnificient seven" will have
to perform exceptionally well, because the next five
players will be CBA/NBDL calibre at best.

The seven remaining rotation players are:

Walker
Battie
V Baker

Pierce
K Brown
E Will
Delk

Bremer and Sundov have one year contracts.

Eric Williams might clear 3 million off the cap the
following year, leaving six guys making 49.8 million.

Walker must re-sign the following offseason.
Unfortunately, that happens a year before Baker clears
the books. Its a very tough situation down the road, to
say the least.

All we can hope is that the NBA makes monster revenues in
the coming years, and that at least one team (the Knicks)
retains enough interest in Baker to bail us out should
the situation blow up.

Joe H.

p.s. Its interesting to read hints from Aldridge that
Obie doesn't like the trade. This ultimately is all Chris
Wallace. He's really gambling a lot on this. I hope he
isn't still relying on old Blue Ribbon scouting reports
from his basement to evaluate Vin Baker.

***

L'e-mail gratuit pas comme les autres.
NOMADE.FR, pourquoi chercher ailleurs ?