Re: Sunday's game impressions

In a message dated Mon, 22 Jul 2002 4:14:16 PM Eastern Standard Time, Kestutis.Kveraga@dartmouth.edu writes:

> The situation improved when the Really Big O checked in, followed by a cheer
> from the sizable crowd (I'd say the gym was 90% full for the Celtics game). As
> fat as he is, he was the best player on the floor for the Celtics, if not
> altogether. He scored, he passed, he even blocked shots. He, Mott, and Songaila
> hooked up for a few nice plays resulting in dunks or layups. Oliver found the
> right guy basically every time and somehow managed to get rebounds he had no
> business getting, at 6-9 and 400 or so pounds. I think he'd
> be worth signing,
> even if he doesn't lose an ounce.

Kestutis,

Here here!  I second that emotion. Where do I sign the memo to Team Wallace?

I think if the C's were to offer him a partially guaranteed deal with weight clause incentives (of course), the guy could still be motivated enough to come onboard and provide 10-15 minutes of decent backup minutes. He also would provide some shot blocking if he ever got the weight back down in the low 300 lb. range.

Not to mention 6 fouls to use on Shaq in The Finals next June. ;-)