Re: Baker

At 11:51 AM 7/19/02 -0400, James A. Hill wrote:
The one problem that isn't being addressed is that there doesn't seem to be
any FA "wanting" to come to Boston and play with our captains.  We never
here about anyone requesting a trade to Boston, except Baker and now
Sundial.

This must make it more difficult for the Braintrust.
It's a good point but I suspect the implication was more valid in prior years than this one. A good indicator of this is that Sundov DID sign here as a FA despite a better/longer offer in Indy. Unlikely to have happened in prior years. Most players simply follow the money and it's more than well publicized that that money ain't in Boston and that there's less open space on the roster than some other places, making it harder to pick up what there is here. With neither of them likely to change since the money thing is based on ownership more than current contracts per se.

Kim