Re: C's Closing In On Baker Says Bulpett

In a message dated 7/18/02 9:45:23 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
wayray@ix.netcom.com writes:

> While Seattle is interested in Eric Williams instead of Potapenko, the
> Celts want it to be the latter. They would also like to get a point
> guard in return - most likely Shammond Williams but possibly Earl Watson
> - and are said to be offering Joseph Forte to make that work. Watson is
> a restricted free agent, so that would have to be dealt with, as well,
> making Shammond Williams the easier choice. If the Celtics can get what
> they want, the transaction could go down within a week.

Its a high risk/high reqard deal but personally I'd keep Forte and instead of
taking Shammond Williams, I'd insist the Sonics include Earl Watson.

Then just say "NO" to Damon Jones and re-sign Rogers.

CeltsSteve

"Life Is a Bowl of Gumbo. Live Well, Laugh Often, Love Much!"