crowded backcourt

I don't get it, yet.  Why sign Bremer (a two year deal?) who is a 1/2 when we have Delk, a 2/1, and Forte, another 2/1, and then perhaps Damon Jones, not really a 1?  That's 4 ones or twos, all back-ups to Kenny and Pierce.  Of those four, we would be hard pressed to assert that any are starter quality.  So, we twist slowly in the wind, awaiting the next cold blast of news.  Gene